What is Menu for Hope?
It’s when food bloggers from all over the world join together, and take leave from our usual obsession with our own stomachs. Throughout the year, we tend to wank on about food, beer, wine and other such visceral pleasures, but for two weeks every December, we pull together a bunch of excellent prizes and ask you, our readers, to help us support those who are not so lucky, to whom food is not a mere indulgence but a matter of survival. This Menu for Hope is our small way to help. Proceeds go to the World Food Program
Group food blog Gut Feelings and all of our excellent and gracious friends have managed to add to the global prize pool. Prizes as follows:
Bed Supper Club
Dinner for two at Bangkok’s premier destination restaurant Bed Supperclub Bangkok (value 3500 baht)
18 year old Chivas Regal Scotch Whisky Gold Signature
(valued at USD$95) also from the good folks at Bed Supperclub
A dozen bottles of 42 Below vodka
12 bottles of 42 Below Vodkas to see you through 2008 courtesy of the kind New Zealanders at 42 Below. I strongly recommend their feijoa flavor. (value 12,000 baht)
Half a dozen bottles of 42 Below Seven Tiki Rum
6 bottles of 42 Below Seven Tiki Rum. Also from the Kiwi crew. Makes the ideal New Zealander/Cuban mojito (value 6,000 baht)
One night at Dream Hotel, Bangkok
One night accommodation at luxury small hotel Dream Hotel, Bangkok (value $280++ USD). Donate and sleep in peace in their sumptuous DREAM beds.
A day with LP writer and food photographer, Austin Bush + free Lonely Planet Bangkok
Free copy of latest edition of the Lonely Planet’s Bangkok Guide + Eating Tour of Bangkok with LP writer and Thai food expert Austin Bush. He really knows Thai food (value $200 USD)
SIEM REAP, CAMBODIA PRIZES
One night at Hotel De La Paix, Siem Reap, Cambodia
One night’s accommodation at uber hip hotel Hotel De La Paix, Siem Reap (value $235 USD)
One night at Be Hotel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
One night’s accommodation at boutique hotel in the heart of Siem Reap’s charming laneways Be Hotel Angkor subject to availability (value $150 USD)
Siem Reap Market Tour and Cooking Class with Joannes Riviere
Market Tour and Cooking Class with Joannes Riviere, Khmer food expert and author of La Cuisine du Cambodge avec les apprentis de Sala Bai. He knows all the women at the market, speaks fluent Khmer and can teach you how to make a mean samlor machu
Wild Jungle Honey Collecting Tour with Angkor Conservation Centre for Biodiversity Sustainable Bee Program, Siem Reap
A once in a lifetime experience. Trek into the jungle with experienced guides, collect wild honey and taste the magic that is freshly harvested bee juice (value 200 USD)
All the advertisements on Lastappetite.com for February 2008
One 336 x 280 pixel advertisement on the footer of my site for the entire month of February, displayed on every page of the site – image, flash or text link – the choice is yours. My site averages 1900 unique visitors per day, who visit 1.7 pages (98,000 monthly page views). The audience is overwhelmingly American (79% of readers), half of which reside in California. Valued at USD$350
To Donate and Enter the Menu for Hope Raffle
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our choices above or at the global prize list site
2. Go to the donation site at First Giving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 – 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
- UK: The Passionate Cook and Cooksister!
- Europe:Food Beam
- US: West Coast:Rasa Malaysia
- US: East Coast: Serious Eats
- US: Central: Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Canada: The Domestic Goddess
- Asia Pacific, Australia, New Zealand: Grab Your Fork
- Wine Blog Host: Vinography
Check back here on Wednesday, January 9 for the results of the raffle.