this "tartine" is just . . . hummus and tomato on a piece of toast: https://t.co/GS85FVdfjA
— Anne Helen Petersen (@annehelen) August 3, 2016
- “Every coffee place looks the same,” Schwarzmann says. The new cafe resembles all the other coffee shops Foursquare suggests, whether in Odessa, Beijing, Los Angeles, or Seoul: the same raw wood tables, exposed brick, and hanging Edison bulbs.”: Kyle Chayka takes on the creeping sameness spread by the global middle-class.
- On the “bourgeois nostalgia” that pervades the food-reform movement.
- If you’re the sort of person left unimpressed by a backyard pizza oven, then it’s time to build a compost-powered hot tub.
- The plan of two spies in the 1910s to solve America’s food crisis with hippopotamus meat.
- Legendary film critic Roger Ebert’s deep love for the rice cooker